The Wizard of Oz
Friday, June 8 at 5pm
Join the New Orleans Museum of Art and the The New Orleans Film Society as we present music, art making, and an outdoor screening of the classic film, The Wizard of Oz, on Friday, June 8th in the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at NOMA. See below for the night’s scheduled events.
Because of the overwhelming success of NOMA’s past films (thank you!), we suggest you buy your tickets early. Online ticket sales end at 4pm on 6/8. Tickets will be available for purchase at the gate.
Admission: $6 for adults : Children (17 & under), free : $3 for NOMA & NOFS Members (Members are allotted 4 tickets at the discounted rate.)
Due to the sculptures and the architecture, no outside food or beverages will be permitted. Multiple food vendors will be available for refreshments.
Please bring a blanket (recommended) or folding chair for seating.
The Wizard of Oz will be subtitled for the hearing impaired.
Schedule for the Night:
- 5pm to 8pm: Food by Crêpes à la Cart, La Cocinita, & Green To Go NOLA [Fresh salads – quantities limited] (additional purchase required)
- 6pm to 8pm: Music by Cindy Scott
- 5pm to 7pm: Art Making Activity with 3 Ring Circus
- 8:15 – 8:30pm/sundown: Film: The Wizard of Oz
- Come dressed as your favorite character from The Wizard of Oz and receive a free NOMA poster!